My little girl turned 5 last week. 5! That means she'll be starting kindergarten in the fall, and we all know kindergarten is the gateway drug to college which means she'll be all grown up and moved away and wearing a suit to work before I know it.
I checked my to do list and didn't see "have panic attack about daughter turning 5" anywhere on it. So I added it and checked it off. Then I looked at the rest of the things on the list: run dishwasher, kids laundry, grocery store, schedule 5 year check up, pack lunch, caulk the windows, vacuum...blah, blah, blah. Hundreds of items of blah, blah, blah.
Well, I am rewriting my to do list right now:
|BIG plans today!|
1. Hug each girl 153 times per day.
2. Be the first one down on the rug asking them to play Candy Land.
3. Come running when one of them yells, "Mommy I need you right now!" even though it's just to put pants on a Ken doll. (Keeping pants on Ken really should be a goal anyhow.)
4. Try my very hardest to color within the lines.
picking my nose so much. Wait how'd that get in there? That's a
6. Take a moment to enjoy the smell of bath night hair.
7. Linger in the girls' rooms even after they are asleep, just to watch them breathe for a few minutes.
8. Write with wine. Hey don’t judge me! I watched the kids sleep, and man they are out. And everyone knows the Mediterranean diet is the best one for writers.
There. That's a much better to do list.
Hey, isn't someone going to take care of all the frickin' laundry around here?!
Which one fun thing are you going to add to your to do list today?