Good news abounds! I have had a fun couple weeks. Sure there was one rejection letter in there, but you know it didn't completely knock me down this time. I must be toughening up! If you have an aversion to exclamation points, please sit down before continuing (bad habits die hard.)
I bought myself! At the low price of $10, I am a steal. My name at least- as in "www.laurimeyers.com." Woot, woot! "But what about the dirty girls?" you cry. No worries. The girls are still dirty, and their mom's parenting is still lacking. More things I am too embarrassed to share but do anyway are bound to occur!
My first page picture prompt got selected for agent critique over at Writing and Illustrating! Ever since dragons took over London, poor Copernica has not been able to keep up with fashion at all. If you are a YA writer looking for prompts, please check out Kathy Temean's site.
I received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from EB Pike over at Writerlious! I love her site so this was doubly good news. Thank you Erin!
The award requires me to share 7 things I never get tired of:
1. I never get tired of staring at the kids when they are sleeping. They are precious. And the house being quiet doesn't hurt either.
2. I never get tired of a really fabulous spreadsheet. Analysis, graphs, and spectacular color coding speak to me like music. Nerd alert noted.
3. I never get tired of the excitement a thunderstorm warning starts. The sky darkens. The trees start to sway. The air is scented with the coming storm. Then I chicken dash into the house.
4. I never get tired of swinging. Well, sometimes my rear falls asleep, but that's different.
5. I never get tired of really good/bad sci fi. Did you see the History Channel Mermaid show? If that and "Revenge of the Chupacabra" were on at the same time, my head would explode.
6. I never get tired of finding the moon. It always makes me feel a little better knowing it's there.
7. I never get tired of pizza. 'Nuff said.
Here are my 7 nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you to these blogs for partying with my blog:
Well, I am going to store up all this bliss, glee, happiness, joy, contentment, delight (I couldn’t pick just one synonym) to pad myself for any rejections that may be lurking at the post office. Or maybe just maybe, good news will beget more good news.
What do you have to be thankful for? Share your good news in the comments!